- You will need to have a read through this guide for installing unofficial packages, you will only need this ones as we are going to sue it to install packer which is similar to pacman but for the AUR (Arch User Repositories)
Use wget to download the tar file.
- Once packer is installed you can use it much in the same way as pacman.
You can search the repository by leaving out the -S switch
sickbeard would look like packer sickbeard
Do the same for couch-potato-v2
- Sabnzbd can be found on he official repositories so pacman -S sabnzbd
- Once installed you can simply run them in terminal or tmux with sabnzbd / couchpotato-v2 / sickbeard
- To autostart add them at the end of the DAEOMNS list inside rc.conf nano /etc/rc.conf
They will then start up weather or not you are logged in, ensure to use the names as specified above
- At this point if you plan on using it primarily as a server of sorts you can remove slim from the DEAMONS, you can manually launch it at any time using startx
- For network access and storage please install samba and follow this guide https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Samba
- In case of permissions problems add
dir_mode=0777,gid=users 0 0 to the end of you mount string in fstab file
- Fo non-external folder you can run
chmod 777 <foldername>
chown users <foldername>
For a quick fix if all your temp/destination folders are in the same parent folder add “-R” after chmod/chown to do it recursively, make sure to be outside of the parent.
For those using sickbeards post processing scripts in sabnzbd, you may need to edit 2 of the files. If sabnzbd gives you an error “/usr/bin/env: python: No such file or directory” you need to edit helaToSickBeard.py and sabToSickBeard.py. On the first line of each change python to python2.7.
My previous guide specifically called for a python2 install instead of the latest being 3 as CPS does not work with python3 at this stage.
Think that about covers it, will update it if anything else comes up or I get any questions